(Washington, D.C.) — Maggie’s List, a federal political action committee (PAC) dedicated to electing conservative women to federal office, congratulates our 21 winning candidates who stand as living proof that conservative women have a vital role in national office.
Founded in 2010, the number of winning races for candidates endorsed by Maggie’s List has continued to grow with active participation in primary and general elections. The 2016 Maggie’s List general election win rate is 66%.
This hard-won success is due to a deliberate selection process where candidates are endorsed based on their belief in Maggie’s List commonsense values of fiscal conservatism, less government, more personal responsibility and strong national security.
“This level of success would not be possible without our members, trustees, board, Congressional Partners and a strong network of state chairs,” said Sandra B. Mortham, Chairman of Maggie’s List and former Florida Secretary of State. “I congratulate all of the strong conservative women we endorsed and supported in this election. These victories prove conservative women are chosen by the people to serve as national leaders for commonsense values,” continued Mortham.
“Running for federal office takes courage, and things don’t turn out the way we want in every race but the key is to be active early in the election process and persevere. Maggie’s List has profound respect and admiration for all the courageous conservative women who ran for federal office in this historic cycle. Thank you for your dedication, hard work and sacrifice. Your stand serves as a living example of leadership and civic duty to millions of young women and girls. When most people shy away from the challenge, you faced the reality that you cannot win if you do not run,” explained Mortham.
Maggie’s List empowers conservative women candidates with political credibility and national notoriety. Maggie’s List has an established reputation for backing promising candidates with a mix of maximum financial contributions, an established national network and rapid response grassroots efforts.
Maggie’s List 2016 endorsed candidates that will serve in the 115th Congress are:
1. Senator Lisa Murkowski / Alaska Senate
2. Representative Martha Roby / Alabama Congressional District 2
3. Representative Martha McSally / Arizona Congressional District 2
4. Representative Mimi Walters / California Congressional District 45
5. Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen / Florida Congressional District 27
6. Representative Jackie Walorski / Indiana Congressional District 6
7. Representative Susan Brooks / Indiana Congressional District 5
8. Representative Lynn Jenkins / Kansas Congressional District 2
9. Representative Ann Wagner / Missouri Congressional District 2
10. Representative Vicky Hartzler / Missouri Congressional District 4
11. Representative Virginia Foxx/ North Carolina Congressional District 5
12. Representative Elise Stefanik / New York Congressional District 21
13. Representative Kristi Noem / South Dakota At-Large Congressional District
14. Representative Diane Black / Tennessee Congressional District 6
15. Representative Marsha Blackburn / Tennessee Congressional District 7
16. Representative Kay Granger / Texas Congressional District 12
17. Representative Mia Love / Utah Congressional District 4
18. Representative Barbara Comstock / Virginia Congressional District 10
19. Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler / Washington Congressional District 3
20. Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers / Washington Congressional District 5
21. Liz Cheney / Wyoming At-Large Congressional District
About Maggie’s List
Maggie's List is a Federal Political Action Committee created to raise awareness and funds to increase the number of conservative women elected to federal public office. Since 2010, this group of dedicated women have had an outstanding record for endorsing successful candidates for United States Senate and U.S. House of Representatives. For more information about our candidate training or endorsement process please visit www.maggieslist.org.